This recipe hides extra nutritional value so that the end result is rich
and full, but it is hard to identify the additions.
Nutrients per serving: 190 calories; 10g protein; 24g carbohydrate; 7g
fat(1g saturated fat, 4g monounsaturated fat, 2g polyunsaturated fat);
0mg cholesterol; 8g fiber; 330mg sodium.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cup chopped Onion
- 1 block firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 16 oz. can red kidney beans
- 2 16 oz. cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. can pumpkin or 1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- Ground black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Chopped avocado to top
Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
Add the rest of the ingredients, turn heat to low, and simmer for an hour.
Add water if the mixture is too thick.
Serve over brown rice or with crusty bread.
Top with chopped avocado.