Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 4
- 4 to 5 lbs. pork ribs
- 1 bottle (3 ½ oz.) liquid smoke
- 2 ½ quarts water, lukewarm or plain only
- barbecue sauce
- Mix liquid smoke and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil and add ribs.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 ½ to 2 hours. Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Dip or brush with barbecue sauce.
- Place ribs in a 400° F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with rice.
You can also use the honey or spice rub in addition to the barbecue sauce for the pork ribs before cooking in an oven. For crusty ribs, broil for 3 to 5 minutes.