Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lbs 85% lean beef, ground twice
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup celery with leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp lemon rind, grated
- ¼ cup catsup
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Add salt to meat.
- Turn into a large dry, cold frying pan.
- Stir over medium heat with a large kitchen fork (not a spoon) until meat changes color all over, pouring off any liquid fat as it collects.
- Add onion, celery, and green pepper.
- Stir and cook 1–2 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients; add to meat and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and let simmer gently for 15–20 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked and well mixed.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchanges per serving: 2 medium-fat meat exchanges + 1 vegetable exchange.