- Soak the herring in water to cover overnight.
- Rinse again and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Combine the tomatoes, water, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix well.
- Add the dill, parsley, scallions, vinegar, and oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the herring.
- Serve very cold on lettuce leaves.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.