- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup raisins, chopped
- 1¼ teaspoons allspice
- pinch of salt
- First cream the butter, and add the sugar, beaten eggs and milk.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder and add the raisins and spices.
- Add the first mixture to the second mixture and stir together.
- Roll out thin on floured pastry board.
- Cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on greased pastry sheets.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 10 minutes.
- Hermits must be crisp.