Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hermits are a favorite cookie in New England.
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp each:
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses and eggs. Beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients; mix with raisins and nuts, then add to molasses mixture. Blend well.
- Spread evenly in a 12"x8"x2" baking pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Cool, then cut into squares.