Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- 3 zucchini, scrubbed
- 2 cups parsley sprigs
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, or to taste
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Using a mandolin or similar slicing device cut the zucchini lengthwise into ⅛-inch slices.
- Arrange the slices on a steamer rack set over simmering water and steam them, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are just tender. (The zucchini slices should be barely flexible enough to roll. They will soften more as they cool.)
- In a food processor purée the parsley, the garlic, the walnuts, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, and salt to taste until the mixture is smooth.
- Arrange the zucchini slices on a work surface and dot each slice along its length with a heaping teaspoon of the purée.
- Roll up each slice jelly-roll fashion and fasten the spirals with wooden picks.
- Arrange the spirals in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle them with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan, and bake them in the upper third of a preheated 425 °F oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the spirals are heated through.