Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- 3 zucchini, scrubbed
- 2 cups parsley sprigs
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, or to taste
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Using a mandolin or similar slicing device cut the zucchini lengthwise into ⅛-inch slices.
- Arrange the slices on a steamer rack set over simmering water and steam them, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are just tender. (The zucchini slices should be barely flexible enough to roll. They will soften more as they cool.)
- In a food processor purée the parsley, the garlic, the walnuts, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, and salt to taste until the mixture is smooth.
- Arrange the zucchini slices on a work surface and dot each slice along its length with a heaping teaspoon of the purée.
- Roll up each slice jelly-roll fashion and fasten the spirals with wooden picks.
- Arrange the spirals in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle them with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan, and bake them in the upper third of a preheated 425 °F oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the spirals are heated through.