Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 lb Israeli couscous (sold in middle eastern markets)
- sea salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cup vegetable or chicken stock - (to 6) (or water)
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chervil
- Heat a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and cook until it bubbles and turns brown on the edges.
- Add the onion and cook until tender and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the couscous and cook until hot and starting to toast, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 cups of the stock or water and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring as you would risotto.
- Continue to add liquid slowly, waiting for the couscous to absorb the liquid before adding more, stirring regularly.
- Cook until the couscous is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and fold in the parsley, tarragon and chervil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.