Bisquick Heart Smart™ recipe! Trying to eat more fish? Adding herbs is a tasty way to savor your favorite fillets. Serve with a kicked-up tartar sauce made by mixing fat-free mayonnaise and a spoonful of basil pesto. Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh basil.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- Makes 2 servings
- ½ lb fish fillets, about ½ inch thick (choose a mild-flavored fish for this recipe, such as cod, walleye, snapper or perch. Fish fillets may vary in thickness quite a bit. if possible, select fillets that are about ½ inch thick. if you have thicker fillets, you may need to add a few more minutes to the cook time)
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Bisquick Heart Smart ® mix
- 2 tablespoons Progresso ® garlic herb bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh or ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white or 2 tablespoons fat-free egg product
- Cut fish into 2 serving pieces.
- In 8-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- In small shallow dish, stir together Bisquick ® mix, bread crumbs, basil and salt.
- In another shallow dish, beat egg white.
- Dip fish into egg white, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook fish in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork and is brown on both sides.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 90) | Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g) | Cholesterol 60mg | Sodium 560mg | Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g) | Protein 25g
- Percent Daily Value : Vitamin A 0% | Vitamin C 0% | Calcium 8% | Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch | 0 Other Carbohydrate | 0 Vegetable | 3 Very Lean Meat | 1½ Fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1
- ↑ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.