Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- Makes about ¾ pound.
- 6 x 7-inch pita pockets, cut into 1½-inch pieces and separated
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups grated sharp Cheddar (about 6 ounces)
- Arrange the pita pieces close together, rough sides up, on 2 large baking sheets.
- In a small bowl combine well the sage, the thyme, the salt, and the pepper
- Sprinkle the mixture over the pita pieces, and scatter the Cheddar on top.
- Bake the crisps in a preheated 375°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are golden.
Assemble everything ahead of time, but don't bake the crisps until shortly before serving them so they're nice and crisp. They're especially good warm. To reheat them, I'd probably warm them up in the oven.