Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3+ cups of flour
- 1 ˝-two tsp baking powder
- 4 tblsp manteca
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tblsp dried herbs
- few tblsp of water to bond the dough together
- Mix all dry ingredients. Add lard and water and stir with fork to moisten and start the dough.
- Mix rest with fingers, incorporating all the flour and knead for a couple minutes.
- Adjust with water and/or flour to make a slightly sticky, moist and pliable dough.
- Form tortilla shapes with palms of hand and lay on heated griddle.
- Cook when puffy and golden brown. Serve hot for best response from fellow diners.