Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Peel and chop the shallot.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and cook the shallot until soft.
- Wash and thoroughly drain the rice and add to the pan.
- Stir around until coated with fat, then pour on 1¾ cups of heated stock.
- Cover the pan and simmer gently until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the saffron, crushed bay leaf and the finely chopped herbs to ¾ cup of the stock and pour it into the rice.
- Cover again, and cook gently until the stock is absorbed.
- If the rice is tender, season with salt and pepper and serve, otherwise, add the remaining stock and continue to simmer until cooked.