- 2 medium Aubergines (Eggplants)
- 2 garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teasp dried oregano
- 1 teasp dried basil
- 1 teasp dried thyme
- 1 teasp paprika (check ingredients)
- 1/2 teasp dried chili pepper flakes, optional
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the grill to hot. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic and olive oil.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the oregano, basil, thyme, paprika and pepper flakes .
- Cut Eggplants in half lengthwise, leaving stem ends intact and lightly brush the cut sides of with the oil mixture. #Place on the grill rack, cut side down and grill for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Lightly brush the skin sides with oil mixture then turn (cut sides up) brush with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle the cut sides with the dried herb mixture, salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to the grill and continue cooking (cut sides up) for a further 10 minutes or until very tender. Serve hot.