- To reconstitute mushrooms, cover ½ ounce dried sliced mushrooms with 1 ½ cups warm water.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Remove turkey giblets and neck from body cavities.
- Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
- Starting at neck, using your fingers, gently loosen skin over entire breast.
- Place thyme and rosemary sprigs at even intervals under skin; pat skin back in place.
- Place onion and lemon peel in body cavity.
- Place turkey breast-side up on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast turkey 3½-4 hours, until meat thermometer inserted in fleshy part of inner thigh reaches 180°F.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Remove skin before eating.
- Meanwhile, to prepare gravy, pour pan drippings into a 2-cup measure; let stand 5 minutes.
- Skim off and discard fat; pour remaining liquid into small saucepan.
- Add mushrooms and 1 cup mushroom liquid, broth, wine, potato starch, chives, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve with turkey.