Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 16 servings
- 1 x 4-pounce (1.9 kg) beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt (optional) and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- Let tenderloin come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C, gas mark 7) with oven rack in center.
- Tuck the rosemary and thyme sprigs under the string tying the fillet.
- Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Season with salt (if using) and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Baste beef with olive oil and continue to roast for another 10 to 15 minutes, until an instant-reading meat thermometer placed in the thickest part of the meat registers 120°F (49°C) for medium-rare or 140°F (60°C) for medium (roast will continue to cook some out of the oven).
- Transfer roast to a heated serving platter and let sit 15 minutes at room temperature before carving.
- Carve the roast into thin slices and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- 179 calories (45% calories from fat) | 24 g protein | 9 g total fat (3.6 g saturated fat)v0 carbohydrate | 0 dietary fiber | 71 mg cholesterol | 53 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat