Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 16 servings
- 1 x 4-pounce (1.9 kg) beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt (optional) and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- Let tenderloin come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C, gas mark 7) with oven rack in center.
- Tuck the rosemary and thyme sprigs under the string tying the fillet.
- Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Season with salt (if using) and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Baste beef with olive oil and continue to roast for another 10 to 15 minutes, until an instant-reading meat thermometer placed in the thickest part of the meat registers 120°F (49°C) for medium-rare or 140°F (60°C) for medium (roast will continue to cook some out of the oven).
- Transfer roast to a heated serving platter and let sit 15 minutes at room temperature before carving.
- Carve the roast into thin slices and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- 179 calories (45% calories from fat) | 24 g protein | 9 g total fat (3.6 g saturated fat)v0 carbohydrate | 0 dietary fiber | 71 mg cholesterol | 53 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat