Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups rice
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup frozen green peas cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Purée tomatoes, onion, garlic and ½ cup of the stock in an electric blender.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté rice until it turns golden.
- Add tomato puree, remaining stock, salt and pepper then bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer cover and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed approximately 15 minutes.
- Mix in peas and continue cooking until all liquid has been absorbed.