This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups rice
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup frozen green peas cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Purée tomatoes, onion, garlic and ½ cup of the stock in an electric blender.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté rice until it turns golden.
- Add tomato puree, remaining stock, salt and pepper then bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer cover and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed approximately 15 minutes.
- Mix in peas and continue cooking until all liquid has been absorbed.