This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 white onions thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 green chilies finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1¼ cups cooked garbanzos
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat ghee in heavy pan.
- When heated add onions and garlic and sauté gently for 5 minutes.
- Add chilies, turmeric, paprika, cumin, ground coriander and garam masala then fry for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves and mint.
- Cook stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add garbanzos and cook 15 minutes.
- Allow to sit covered for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Reheat and serve in a dish with the remaining cilantro.