Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 white onions thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 green chilies finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1¼ cups cooked garbanzos
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat ghee in heavy pan.
- When heated add onions and garlic and sauté gently for 5 minutes.
- Add chilies, turmeric, paprika, cumin, ground coriander and garam masala then fry for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves and mint.
- Cook stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add garbanzos and cook 15 minutes.
- Allow to sit covered for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Reheat and serve in a dish with the remaining cilantro.