Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups chopped onions
- ¾ cup sliced carrots
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 4 cups un-chicken or vegetable broth
- package of soy chorizo
- 8 cups packed kales, shredded thin
- 1 lb red potatoes
- In a large pot, saute the garlic, onions and carrot in the oil over moderately low heat, until vegetables are softened.
- Add the russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces, the broth and 4 cups water.
- Bring the liquid to boil and simmer the mixture, covered, for 10 - 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook the chorizo in some oil over moderate heat until browned (it will probably completely fall apart, but that is ok).
- When browned, transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a processor, add 1½ cups cooking liquid and puree until smooth.
- Stir the purée into the broth mixture, add the chorizo, the kale and the red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer covered for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.