Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Gaina cu masline
- 6 hen portions (breast, thighs, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 7 oz / 200 g black olives
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3 onions
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or ½ cup wine
- 1 lump sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Fry the hen pieces in 2 tablespoons of oil, add 3 – 4 tablespoons of water and simmer.
- Every now and then, turn the pieces, adding 2 – 3 tablespoons of water.
- When the meat is half done, add washed and pricked.
- Separately, fry the chopped onion in two tablespoons of oil until yellow.
- Add the flour, let fry a little longer, then add a cup of chicken broth or water, tomato sauce, salt, sugar, bay leaf and wine or vinegar.
- Pour this sauce over the meat and let boil until the meat is done.
- You may serve this warm or cold.