In Romanian: Gaina cu bame
- 1 hen
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 lb / 500 g okra
- 5 – 6 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- chopped parsley and dill
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Clean and wash the okra.
- Keep okra in water with salt and vinegar for one hour.
- Fry the hen pieces in butter until yellow.
- Add grated onion, boiled and strained tomatoes, salt, sugar and the okra (which were rinsed several times after removal from the salt-vinegar water).
- Simmer, covered, until the okra are almost done.
- Add a tablespoon of vinegar and the chopped greens and set in the oven for a little while.