In Romanian: Gaina cu fasole verde
- 1 hen
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g green beans
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 onion
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- 5 – 6 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley and dill
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Slightly fry the hen pieces in lard until they turn yellow.
- Add the finely chopped onion, a teaspoon of flour, mix and let fry for a little while.
- Add a half cup of chicken broth (or water), the cleaned green beans and the peeled, seeded and cut tomatoes.
- Add salt and chopped greens and let simmer, covered, for a half hour.
- Then set in the oven until the liquid is greatly reduced.
- You can also use raw onion.
- In this case, add it with the chicken broth.