Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 300 cc lukewarm water
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek seed
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seed
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom seed
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 450 g flour or 225 g flour + 225 g whole wheat flour
- optional: a dash of white pepper, cayenne, ground ginger
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg and the spices.
- Add the flour little by little.
- Knead the mixture for 10 minutes on a floured table.
- Allow the dough to rise, covered by a tea-towel, in a warm place.
- Knead the mixture again and create a round, flat bread (2 centimeters high) from the dough in the frying pan, allow the dough to rise a second time in a warm place, until its volume has doubled.
- Decorate the bread with a knife or nails .
- Bake the bread in the covered frying pan for 10 minutes on a medium to low fire.
- Turn over the bread and bake it for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the frying pan and spread it with some water and butter.
- Serve warm or cold in wedges.