Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here is a good, fast-cooked icing.
Helen's Soft Chocolate Frosting by Helen Monahan from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 heaping tbsp cocoa
- 3 heaping tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp margarine
- Mix first four ingredients together in saucepan until well blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Add margarine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and smooth (you may need to remove from heat occasionally to prevent sticking or lumping).
- Ice cake while the frosting is still warm.
- Ices two 9-inch layers.
- Recipe can easily be cut in half for a single layer cake or cupcakes.