Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sweet cardamomed carrots
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- Steam the carrots with the sugar, milk, cardamom, and lemon peel for about 15 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Pour into a sieve, pressing firmly on the carrots to remove all the liquid.
- Reserve the liquid.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour.
- Add the carrots, stirring to coat with the flour mixture, and toss for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Pour the cooking liquid over the carrots, mix well, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into individual serving dishes and garnish with nuts and raisins.