Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Heirloom Tomato-Field Pea Salad
- About 2 lb. heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cups shelled field Peas, such as a mixture of butter beans, Crowder Peas and black-eyed Peas, blanched
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs. torn fresh basil or small whole leaves
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil for garnish
- garlic Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 3 Tbs. boiling water
3. Meanwhile, to make garlic Mayonnaise: Put vinegar, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and mustard into a bowl, and whisk until salt and mustard are dispersed. Add egg yolks, and beat until smooth. Add oil, drop by drop at first, and later in a slow, steady stream, whisking until oil is incorporated into an emulsion. Chop garlic, and rub it into a paste with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour boiling water over garlic paste, stir well and whisk into Mayonnaise. Drizzle about 6 tablespoons garlic Mayonnaise over salad, thinning with more hot water if needed.