Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 rounded cups 1/2-inch bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Confectioners' Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. butter the bottom only of a 2-quart casserole or soufflé dish.
- Combine bread cubes and lemon zest in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine whipping cream, milk, Sugar, butter and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Over medium heat, cook until butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over bread mixture, and toss.
- Allow to cool.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks, then beat in the lemon juice and stir into the bread mixture.
- Set aside.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl of electric mixer until stiff peaks form. (Do not over beat).
- Gently fold egg whites into bread mixture.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared dish, and bake for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from center comes out clean.
- The top of the pudding should be golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.