Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
avocado adds the textural and taste interest to this satisfying soup.
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- 6 Cups well-seasoned Chicken or Pork stock
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 28-oz. can yellow or white hominy
- 1 8-oz can chopped green chiles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 California avocado, diced
- 3 oz jack cheese, shredded
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Season to taste.
Add avocado and simmer for 2 minutes.
Ladle into bowls, top with Cheese, and serve.