Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Betik Estate in Waxahachie, Texas in 1998. The card indicates this is an annual bake sale best seller. Dated 1964. These are tried and true and a must at the office potlucks.
- 6 large heath bars, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup soft unsalted butter
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups cake flour
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325.
- Grease and flour 9 inch square baking pan.
- Place heath bars and pecans in food processor and chop with a steel knife until coarse but not powdery.
- Remove and set aside.
- Combine Sugar and chocolate in food processor bowl and mix until chocolate is as fine as Sugar.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl. Add butter and blend 1 minute.
- Add eggs, vanilla and salt and blend until fluffy, stopping as necessary to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add flour and toffee mixture and blend until flour is incorporated.
- Turn batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 50 minutes for wetter brownies and 55 minutes for cake like brownies.
- Let cool in pan on rack. Cut into squares and store in airtight container.