Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a delicious colourful chili with a perfect blend of many vegetables with tofu in a thick spicy tomato base. This original recipe came from Runner's World magazine, although I have altered it to suit my likings. Frying tofu gives it a more meat like texture. For those who like chili very spicy, more chili powder may be added.
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 (19 ounces) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (19 ounces) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Saute first 4 in meduium heat.
- Add tofu and saute until crisp and lightly browned (10 minutes).
- Add rest of ingredients (beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, carrots, and chili powder).
- Boil, reduce heat and simmer 45 to 55 minutes.