Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 new potatoes (the little, sweet, tender ones, red- or yellow-skinned)
- 3 large carrots
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 Broccoli stalks (without florettes), peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen lima beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup frozen Peas (optional)
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz flavoured seitan, cut into chunks (optional)
Place the potatoes and carrots, whole, in your vegetable steamer, covered, over boiling water for 15 minutes. Cut carrots into 1/2 inch slices. Cut potatoes into 1" cubes (peeling is optional). Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add potatoes, carrots, Onion, celery, Broccoli, salt, soy sauce, water and seitan, if desired. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add zucchini, Peas and lima beans. Return to a boil, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the broth is thick.