Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds hot or sweet Italian sausage
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in 4-quart Dutch oven.
- Add sausage; simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove meat; discard water.
- Cut meat in ½-inch pieces; brown in Dutch oven.
- Remove meat; keep warm.
- Pour off fat; return 2 tablespoons.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until tender crisp.
- Stir in broth, eggplant, squash, tomatoes, green pepper, salt, thyme and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch with water; stir into vegetables along with sausage.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce is clear and thickened.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.