Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3½ lbs pork country style ribs
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 oz onion soup mix
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups cooked small white beans (2 16oz. cans)
- 3 cups cooked kidney beans (2 16oz cans)
- 1½ cup celery
- 1 sweet red or green bell pepper
- Place ribs in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; add ¼ cup water.
- Cover tightly and cook in moderate oven (350 °F. ) 1 ¼ hours; remove to absorbent paper. Pour off cooking liquid and reserve.
- Combine tomato sauce, onion soup mix, brown sugar, prepared mustard and hot pepper sauce in small saucepan and cook slowly 10 minutes.
- Remove excess fat from cooking liquid; add enough water to remaining liquid to make 1 cup. Stir into sauce mixture.
- Combine small white and red kidney beans, celery, pepper strips and all but ½ cup sauce.
- Place bean mixture into baking dish. Arrange ribs on top of bean mixture; brush with sauce.
- Cover tightly and cook in moderate oven (350 °F. ) 30 to 45 minutes; remove to warm platter.
Chef's tip: Country style ribs also can be braised in a Dutch oven on top of the range for 45 to 60 minutes.