- 8oz self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4oz margarine
- 4oz demerara sugar - demerara sugar Cubes
- 4oz maple syrup
- 8oz carrots (finely grated)
- 4oz Raisins
- Rind of one orange (finely grated)
- 6oz tofutti cream cheese
- 2oz icing sugar
- Mix flour and spices.
- Melt margarine, Sugar and syrup together, then stir melted mixture into the flour and spices.
- Add carrots and Raisins and mix well into stiff sticky dough.
- Cook at 160 C in 1 lb loaf tin for between 1hr - 1hr 20mins.
- Combine orange peel, cream cheese and icing sugar.
- When cake is cool, slice in half and fill with cream cheese mixture.