Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 Hours 15 minutes
- 1 x 29-ounce can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 x 10-ounce can chopped tomatoes and green chile peppers
- 2 cups vegetable juice or tomato juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ pounds beef or pork stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 x 15-ounce cans black, kidney, and/or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
Optional toppers Edit
- shredded Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese
- dairy sour cream
- thinly sliced green onion
- snipped cilantro
- thinly sliced jalapeño peppers
- sliced pitted ripe olives
- In a 6-quart crockery cooker combine both cans of undrained tomatoes, vegetable or tomato juice, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and garlic.
- Stir in the meat, onion, celery, and bell pepper.
- Cover; Cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in the beans. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting, and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Spoon into bowls. If Desired, serve with toppers.