- 2 x 16-ounce cans of hearts of palm
- ⅓ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth (remove fat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ground pepper to taste
- very small amount of salt (optional)
- lettuce leaves
- Drain the hearts of palm, cut them into ½-inch pieces, and put them into a large bowl.
- Stir in the red pepper, yellow pepper, and chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, chicken broth, and olive oil.
- Drizzle the dressing over the hearts of palm mixture and toss gently.
- Season to taste with salt (optional) and pepper.
- Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves, spoon the salad on top and serve.