Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe includes diced canned tomatoes which is rich in lycopene and is one of the most potent antioxidants. Olive oil is also very good for heart health, and the beans supply a lot of fiber and a source of complex carbohydrate which help promote good blood sugar levels. It also tastes great and takes only a few minutes to make!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.naturemade.com
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 oz of skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tbsp cumin
- 2 cans (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can red or black beans
- 1 (4.5oz) can minced green chilis
- 1 cup frozen yellow kernel corn
- salt to taste
- Sauté chicken pieces in olive oil over medium heat until it is cooked (you'll know it's thoroughly cooked once it turns totally white - the process takes between 3 – 4 minutes).
- Add the chili powder and cumin to the pan and saute another 3 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and heat the whole mixture until it simmers a couple of minutes.
Nutrition information Edit
- 290 Calories | 6.5g Fat | 35g Total Carbs | 10g Fiber