- 5 lbs lean leg of fresh American lamb
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 4 med potatoes, cubed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 10½ oz can of consommé, low sodium
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup brandy
- In a large Dutch oven with cover, spray non-stick coating and brown Lamb. Remove Lamb from pan and set aside.
- Add carrots, celery, Onion and garlic to pan and cook for 4–5 minutes, stirring. Add Mushrooms.
- Return leg of Lamb to pan.
- Combine consommé with wine, water and pepper.
- Pour into pan, cover and roast Lamb at 325 degrees F for 17–20 minutes per pound until rare at 140 degrees, internal temperature, or to desired doneness. (Note, the roast will continue to cook once it is removed from the oven.)
- Place Lamb on platter, cover and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Puree vegetables and liquid from pan.
- Return puree to pan; add brandy and heat sauce. Add water if sauce needs to be thinned.
- Serve sauce over sliced meat.
Nutrition Info Edit
Fat: 15g, Calories: 463, Cholesterol: 168 mg, Sodium: 220 mg