Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I have varied the dry ingredients radically, depending on what i have around the house. When I don't have molasses, I increase the amount of honey and other liquids. No matter what I do to this recipe, it always seems to turn out great.
- ½ cup rolled oats (can be toasted first by putting thin layer in pan and baking at 350 °F for 15 – 20 minutes, or until lightly toasted)
- 1 pack rapid-rise yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oat bran
- 2 tbsp non-fat dry milk powder
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ tbsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp wheat germ
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat wet ingredients until very warm (125-130 °F) and stir into the dry mixture.
- Let the batter sit for about 20 minutes, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- You may want to add more milk or water to get them to the consistency you like, depending on whether you're going to turn them into waffles or pancakes.