- 2 cups firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soyoil
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark red kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste, optional
- salt to taste
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Garnishes: minced Onion, grated Cheddar Cheese and avocado, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine tofu, garlic, chili powder and worcestershire sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute Onion, green pepper, and carrot in soy oil until Onion becomes transparent. Add tofu mixture. Cook and stir 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, basil, cumin, Cayenne and, if desired, tomato paste.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve on brown rice. Garnish with minced raw Onion, grated Cheddar Cheese and avocado, as desired.
Makes 8-1 cup servings.
Nutrition Info Edit
Per serving: 320 calories, 17 grams protein, 43.8 grams carbohydrate, 10.5 grams fat, 0 cholesterol, 597 milligrams sodium.