Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Basic Muffin Mix Edit
- 5½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 2½ cups natural bran
- 1¾ cups skim milk powder
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
Healthy Start Muffin Edit
- 1 cup All-Bran cereal
- 1¼ cups water
- ⅓ cup fancy molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¾ cups basic muffin mix
- ¾ cup prunes, chopped
- ⅓ cup green pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Mix together Basic Muffin Mix ingredients in large bowl; transfer to airtight container and store in a cool dry place. Stir before using.
- In a medium bowl, soak cereal in water for 5 minutes or until softened;
- Whisk in oil, molasses, egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, stir together Basic muffin mix, prunes, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and baking soda
- Stir in cereal mixture just until moistened
- Spoon into greased muffin cups, filling to top.
- Bake in 375°F / 190°C oven for about 30 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes; remove muffins to rack and let cool completely.