- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbs. plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 oz crumbled feta Cheese (¼ cup )
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ib low fat ground Beef
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely minced
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated fresh gingeroot
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 20 very thin slices peeled cucumber
- 4 Onion rolls, split and toasted
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, Cheese and cumin; blend with fork until Cheese is finely crumbled. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Combine Beef and next 4 ingredients, mixing well. Shape into 4 patties.
- Cook in non stick skillet, or grill 3 inches from heat for 6–7 minutes on each side or until meat and juices are no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Place lettuce leaf, 5 slices of cucumber and Beef patty on each roll half. Top with 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture and remaining half roll.
Serves 4 from the files of al rice, north pole Alaska. Feb 199