This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Ampere Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup vegetable shortening
- 1½ cups sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon soda
- 1 cup dates chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together first 5 ingredients.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add oatmeal and combine all together.
- Stir in dates.
- Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.