- In medium bowl, combine both flours, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In food processor, process tofu until smooth.
- Add egg, sugar, oil and vanilla; process until smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down sides of work bowl.
- Add flour mixture and pulse on/off several times just until dough clumps together.
- Transfer to lightly floured surface and knead several times.
- Divide dough in half and press each piece into shape of a disk.
- Dust each with flour and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line several baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Working with 1 disk at a time, on lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Using cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- Place cookies about ½ inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Gather scraps, re-roll and cut.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, until light golden around edges, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely (cookies will keep in airtight container for up to 1 week).
- Decorate with royal icing or no-egg icing.
- Let stand until icing has hardened, 30 to 45 minutes.