In Romanian: Tort de alune
- 3 oz / 80 g roasted and ground hazelnuts
- 3 oz / 80 g roasted and ground almonds or walnuts
- 5 egg whites
- 7 oz / 210 g confectioner's sugar
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 5 oz / 140 g confectioner's sugar
- 5 oz / 160 g roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated chocolate or cacao
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Mix the whipped egg whites with the sugar, hazelnuts and almonds (or walnuts).
- Divide this mixture in two and bake each part in a round pan covered with buttered parchment paper. When the sheets are done and cold, fill with the following cream:
- Mix the butter with the confectioner's sugar, roasted and finely ground hazelnuts, grated chocolate and sour cream.
- Spread the cream on the two sheets, place one on top of the other and garnish with the same cream, with a few whole hazelnuts and a few chopped almonds or walnuts.