Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The coffee flavor in this torte is subtle and highlights the richness of the hazelnuts. The finished cake will fall slightly in the middle, forming a perfect nook for capturing the luscious apricot puree.
- 3 tablespoons decaffeinated instant coffee
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water, divided
- 10 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute, divided
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and finely ground
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-sugar-added apricots, drained and rinsed
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Mix coffee and 1 tablespoon hot water until smooth; set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add 1¼ cups sugar substitute, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form.
- Pour in coffee mixture; mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix egg yolks and nuts to combine.
- Fold one-third of the whites into nut batter, then fold in the remainder.
- Transfer batter to an ungreased 9” springform pan; smooth top.
- Bake 30 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Release side of cake with a blunt knife.
- Let cool about 30 minutes in pan. Release cake and cool completely.
- In a food processor or blender, puree apricots with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar substitute and 1½ tablespoons water. Serve with cake.