Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Cookoff Category: My Best Recipe
- Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 25 minutes Stand: 1 hour
- Makes about 2½ dozen.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 (1.4-oz) milk chocolate-covered buttery toffee candy bars (like Hershey's Skor bar), cut into small chunks
- 1 (5-oz) milk chocolate candy bar (like Hershey's Symphony bar), cut into small chunks
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp hazelnut liqueur (like Frangelico)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until blended and stopping to scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Add flour mixture, one cup at a time, alternating with liqueur (1 tbsp at a time).
- Beat until blended after each addition.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each dough half into a 16-inch-long log, and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Flatten each log to ¾-inch thickness.
- Dough will be soft and sticky.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 – 25 minutes or until just golden.
- Cut each log crosswise into 3 equal sections.
- Transfer each section to a cutting board, and cut into ½-inch thick slices, wiping knife clean after every 2 cuts.
- Transfer biscotti to baking sheet cut sides up.
- Turn off oven.
- Let biscotti stand in oven with door closed 1 hour.