Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Cookoff Category: My Best Recipe
- Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 25 minutes Stand: 1 hour
- Makes about 2½ dozen.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 (1.4-oz) milk chocolate-covered buttery toffee candy bars (like Hershey's Skor bar), cut into small chunks
- 1 (5-oz) milk chocolate candy bar (like Hershey's Symphony bar), cut into small chunks
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp hazelnut liqueur (like Frangelico)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until blended and stopping to scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Add flour mixture, one cup at a time, alternating with liqueur (1 tbsp at a time).
- Beat until blended after each addition.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each dough half into a 16-inch-long log, and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Flatten each log to ¾-inch thickness.
- Dough will be soft and sticky.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 – 25 minutes or until just golden.
- Cut each log crosswise into 3 equal sections.
- Transfer each section to a cutting board, and cut into ½-inch thick slices, wiping knife clean after every 2 cuts.
- Transfer biscotti to baking sheet cut sides up.
- Turn off oven.
- Let biscotti stand in oven with door closed 1 hour.