Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Meat and Fish Rub devised by Zvia, an Afghan street vendor in New York
- 3 tbsp black peppercorns
- 3 tbsp cumin seed
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- Grind all the ingredients together with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Rub this spice blend all over beef, pork, or chicken 2 hours prior to grilling.
- It also adds a pungent flavor to tuna, swordfish, bluefish, and bass; rub it on both sides of the steak or fillets about an hour before grilling.
- In both cases, the rub can be left on the meat or fish while grilling to make a blackened seasoned crust.
- It can also be stirred into boiled rice or summer soups to taste.
- Makes about ⅓ cup.