This is similar to a microwave diabetic recipe made with beef chunks and wooden (bamboo) skewers called lean and free sirloin kabobs.
- 1 lbs cooked turkey, 1" cubes
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks
- 1 med onion, cut into quarters
- 1 sweet green pepper in chunks
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Begin each skewer with a cube of turkey.
- Add pineapple.
- Separate the onion into pieces and add one piece.
- Add the green pepper and tomato.
- Put the skewers in a baking pan.
- Combine the soy sauce, pineapple juice, curry powder and ginger.
- Pour over the kebobs.
- Bake in 400 °F oven for 15 minutes, turning frequently to coat with sauce.
- Serve on rice, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
¼ recipe not including rice:
177 calories, 3 lean meat, ½ fruit, 1 vegetable exchange 14 grams carbohydrate, 22 grams protein, 4 grams fat, 271 mg sodium, 453 mg potassium, 54 mg cholesterol.