Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is different from the eastern curries because it isn't hot and it uses coconut milk (the unsweetened kind found in the canned milk section, the ethnic section, or the beverage section). It is almost too easy to make and it freezes wonderfully.
- 2 cups chicken broth or turkey broth
- 5 cups turkey or chicken, cubed, cooked
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ⅓ cup flour
- 16 ounces coconut milk or coconut cream (not the sweetened kind)
- 1 cup milk
- Puree the onions, garlic, ginger, curry powder, flour and ½ cup of the broth until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, combine pureed mixture and all remaining ingredients except turkey or chicken.
- Cook, stirring often, till thickened.
- Add the meat and heat gently.
- Serve with white rice and small dishes of raisins, peanuts, chutney, coconut, bacon, green onions, etc.
- This freezes well.