- 8 oz small elbow macaroni, uncooked
- salt as per Pasta package directions
- 2 med carrots
- 1 stalk celery, large
- 1 cup Peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise or miracle whip, reduced fat
- 2 eggs
- more paprika for garnish
- Hard boil the eggs; place in cold water to cool off, cracking the shells to make them easier to peel. When cooled, peel and rinse.
- Bring water to a boil, add salt and cook macaroni as per package directions.
- Place the Raisins in a heat-proof bowl and ladle about 1/2 cup of the boiling water over them; leave them to soak and plump.
- When macaroni is cooked, drain, cover with cold water to halt the cooking process, drain again, and continue until macaroni is cool. Set aside to drain thoroughly.
- Put Sugar in the water in which you will cook the Peas, and cook in the microwave or on the stovetop until tender but not mushy.
- Drain the Peas and the Raisins.
- Scrub and trim the carrots and celery and shred finely.
- Immediately combine with the drained macaroni, Mayonnaise, black pepper and paprika.
- Stir gently to coat all ingredients with Mayonnaise.
- Add Peas and Raisins and fold to combine.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs and distribute on top the salad. Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
For notes, a variation to make this into a main dish and more see sneakykitchen.com